Josef Albers, paper folding at the Black Mountain College, 1940s. Spatial movement, a lesson he was also teaching at the bauhaus. Source
Olympic gold medal, Munich 1972. Deutsches Sportmuseum
It was the first time since 1928, that a new back side should be designed. The jury did choose the “buddies”, not only because Gerhard Marcks was one of the last bauhaus masters around that time, but the motif he did choose was Castor and Pollux, the patrons of battle games and friendship, a well fitting symbolism.
Wilhelm Wagenfeld. Hot-water pot, designed 1929/30. Made by Walther & Wagner for the Weimar Bauhochschule, 1930. Chrome-plated kupal, wooden handle. Via Quittenbaum
Marianne Brandt, Candlestick, 1929-32. Via Quittenbaum.
Walter Gropius, Internationale Architektur, Bauhausbücher 1, 1925. The complete book via Charnelhouse. No. 73: Design of a beach house by Gropius/Meyer
Oskar Schlemmer, Head to the left, Kopf nach links, 1928. Oil on canvas. Via Ketterer
Ellen Lauterbach, Eckstein with Lipstick, 1930. ringl+pit, Berlin. More to see: flickr ringlandpit
In the late 1920s, Ellen Auerbach and Grete Stern both studied in Berlin at the Bauhaus before establishing a commercial photographic studio, ringl + pit (named for their nicknames: ringl [Stern] and pit [Auerbach]). Their business specialized in advertising and portrait photography. Source
Alma Siedhoff-Buscher, Child’s suite of cabinets, 1923. Wood and chipboard, polychromatic paint. Made by Bauhaus Weimar or Dessau. Via Quittenbaum
Christian Dell, table lamp, 1932. For Belmag, Zürich. Via Fischer.
Marianne Brandt, tast-licht – table lamp, 1930s. Germany. Source
Curt Fischer, bauhaus scissor lamp, Scherenlampe, late 1920s. Iron, aluminium, bakelite. Bauhauswerkstätte Walter Gropius. Made by Midgard. Via okay art
Marianne, Brandt, bauhaus desk set Schreibzeug, 1930s. Made by Ruppelwerke, Germany.
Karel Teige, magazine ReD. Ročník I, 1927-28. Prague.
Featuring bauhaus design of Breuer & Wagenfeld, Man Ray, Alfred Loos architecture, Moholy-Nagy, the exhibition Paris or Charlie Chaplin. Via NYPL
Adolf G.Schneck, chair, 1925-28. Made by Deutsche Werkstätten, Munich. Via V&A
Schneck was a Stuttgart architect who wrote the standard book of the 1920s on chair design entitled Der Stuhl. The chair admirably reflects the simplicity of furniture then being made under the influence of the Bauhaus.